corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » If you have a baby/small child...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If you have a baby/small child...
Root

User status: Offline
12th Sep 12 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My parents always bathed us in the kitchen sink.

It's the way our grandparents would have been bathed. No harm in it if that's what you want to do. But the small baths are a few quid, they last about a couple months, then you need a slightly bigger one.

tl;dr: It's not essential to have a bath in your home if you have a baby, not at all
Sam
Premium Member

12th Sep 12 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys.

Re. the boiler argument - I might be talking bollocks here but I thought you weren't allowed to use a pump with a combi boiler for some reason? Pretty sure I read that somewhere?
Gaz

12th Sep 12 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take showers with my 5mth old but i'm not sure how long this will last until he is to big to hold safely in the shower.

You can buy baby bath tubs though and just fill them up out of your sink
Dave

12th Sep 12 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know about allowed but you don't use a separate pump with a combi.

Edit, on thinking this further you'd have to fit the pump on the cold water supply and that certainly is illegal.

[Edited on 12-09-2012 by Dave]
Gaz

12th Sep 12 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have this tub: http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Bathing/Bath-Safety/Sea-Turtle-3in1-Bath-(0093926)?searchPosition=2
Toby
Premium Member

12th Sep 12 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
I don't know about allowed but you don't use a separate pump with a combi.

Edit, on thinking this further you'd have to fit the pump on the cold water supply and that certainly is illegal.

[Edited on 12-09-2012 by Dave]

Well my rents deffo have a combi and a pump so there must be a way around it. Though if your saying that you wouldn't require one with a combi because they can supply a power shower, then I woukdnt have thought that to be the case so you learn something new everyday.
Dave

12th Sep 12 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm no expert but the pump would probably have nothing to do with the combi.

If you have a power shower I think you feed them from a separate hot water cylinder as combis cannot keep up with the flow needed.
John

12th Sep 12 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you mean by power shower?

I've got a mixer shower fed from the combi, my parents combi is a bigger one that can easily do 2 mixer showers at a time.
Dave

12th Sep 12 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A shower that is supplied by a pump.
John

12th Sep 12 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So with a combo you achieve the same thing without the pump then?
Dave

13th Sep 12 at 04:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As in you get hot water coming out of a shower yes but a combi couldn't heat enough water to feed the large shower heads/multi jet showers that are common now.
Toby
Premium Member

13th Sep 12 at 06:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
I'm no expert but the pump would probably have nothing to do with the combi.

If you have a power shower I think you feed them from a separate hot water cylinder as combis cannot keep up with the flow needed.

Ol that would make sense as they retained one of the hot water tanks when they got rid of the old boiler.
Toby
Premium Member

13th Sep 12 at 06:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
So with a combo you achieve the same thing without the pump then?

Yes in the sense that they both get water through to enable a shower, but not in the same way, think regular hose (mains pressure) vs pressure washer (pump driven power shower)
John

13th Sep 12 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My combi is feeding my large shower head?
Regular hose vs pressure washer isn't the same. If you've got a combi that can heat the water fast enough, and decent mains pressure (which you should do if you've got a combi) then you get a good shower.
Toby
Premium Member

13th Sep 12 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not disputing you may get a good shower from that setup, its the same setup in my own property and i have no issues. All im saying is that you, a consumer would purchase a 'power shower' set up for improved performance.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll