corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » need free view but there's a satellite on the house ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author need free view but there's a satellite on the house ?
edd1.0

User status: Offline
8th Oct 12 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello

i have just moved house and my television doesnt tune into the channels , as far as i know there is no aerial on the roof just a satellite on the side of the house , whats the best way to get free view channels ? , from my knowledge i would need a free sat box rather than a free view box ? , the previous owner had sky , if i get a sky box with no subscription would it pick up the free view channels ?

thanks
Brett
Premium Member

8th Oct 12 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Freesat box yeah, around £25 on ebay or alternatively get an old skybox and get one of these cards http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-FREESAT-Digital-Satellite-VIEWING-CARD-FULLY-ACTIVE-AND-TESTED-/180971733233

I think there's a mod you can do to skyboxes to sort it, but buying a card for a tenner is probs easier.
Dom

8th Oct 12 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could be wrong but i believe you need a viewing card in a Sky Box for it to get all of the FOTA/FreeSat channels (you'll get majority without); although Sky do a one-off viewing card for £100/150 that gets all FOTA channels + a few more.
Personally i'd opt for a decent Humax FreeSat box, which case it's plug 'n' play.

Do note there are a few channel differences between FreeView and FreeSat - http://www.ukfree.tv/allchannels.php

Edit - Sky's deal, £175 http://www.sky.com/shop/freesat/home/

[Edited on 08-10-2012 by Dom]
Dom

8th Oct 12 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Freesat box yeah, around £25 on ebay or alternatively get an old skybox and get one of these cards http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-FREESAT-Digital-Satellite-VIEWING-CARD-FULLY-ACTIVE-AND-TESTED-/180971733233

I think there's a mod you can do to skyboxes to sort it, but buying a card for a tenner is probs easier.

Well there you go, £10 for the card off eBay

Brett - Is that 'white' card the same as you'd get from Sky if you took up their £175 Freesat deal?
Brett
Premium Member

8th Oct 12 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't tell you mate. I was literally looking myself this morning because somebody at work has given me a skybox, so I was gonna stick it upstairs as I've decided not to pay for upstairs to have full blown sky too since it'll be rarely watched.

I haven't had time to watch since I'm in work, but youtube seems to have videos on how to "convert" skyboxes to be freeview without cards..?

New Poll