corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » spreadsheet help ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author spreadsheet help ?
edd1.0

User status: Offline
7th Dec 12 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello i am currently doing a cash budget spread sheet for my uni work , all of it ive done fine. It has to be done in a way where you have one page for data entry and then the other sheets will alter themselves with no data.

The problem i am stuck with is some of the customers take a few months to pay , so the information goes a few months down the line , which to do it for a set 2 months is easy. But we have to do it in a way that we can alter how many months they take to pay and it will adjust all the information ?

does anyone know how i can get around this problem ?

thanks
Gaz

7th Dec 12 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could you create a column to have a 0 or 1 value to show if they have paid and calculate this into your second spreadsheet?
edd1.0

9th Dec 12 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think so ? , someone i spoke to said it may be to do with ifferior equations ? , im trying to research them now but its confusing :/ ,
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Dec 12 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd normally only use IFERROR if you have the potential for something like a divide by zero when you want to show a nice message and not the error.

Not really clear on the problem currently to see what else you might need to do.

If you need to work out whether they've paid all that it outstanding, a simple SUM() on the end of a row would do that.
edd1.0

9th Dec 12 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have to design a cash budget and profit and loss for a company to use , but it has to be idiot proof so all the information which isn't on the data entry sheet cant be adjusted by the user. There is customers who pay in both cash and credit ( cash paid instantly the credit can take up to X amounts of months to pay.) , an option needs to be put in the data entry for how long it will take X customer to their credit. Its all set up so the percentages of cash and credit can be changed and everything will change accordingly. But it somehow needs to be set up so the time it takes to pay can be included on the data entry as the other sheets have to be locked. ( cash budget and profit and loss) . We havn't been taught anything like this in class and won't fail the assignment if we can't do it but for the sake of a few hours research it will be worth it to get the extra marks.
A2H GO

9th Dec 12 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you using a VBA form for the data entry?
edd1.0

9th Dec 12 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without sounding stupid I dont know what a vba form is? Its just a standard excel spreadsheet atm
A2H GO

9th Dec 12 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's hard to offer a solution without seeing the workbook, take any sensitive data out, stick it in Dropbox and post the link...
Gaz

10th Dec 12 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
It's hard to offer a solution without seeing the workbook, take any sensitive data out, stick it in Dropbox and post the link...

This.

New Poll