corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Bathroom Project (Pic Heavy)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bathroom Project (Pic Heavy)
Siberia

User status: Offline
21st Jan 13 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this have taken nearly 9 months to sort out.. would have been quicker but we changed our minds a few times and i hurt my back during it so work stoped for 2-3 months..

so we have a main bathroom and a ensuite. the main bathroom never got used infact in the 8 years we lived here we never even tiled it. so in order to justify spending money we decided to knock the wall through to make one room

there was a bath here.. we raised the floor to make the drainage easyer

start of the wall coming down

had to keep the old shower as long as possible so we had somewere to wash didnt think it would be like this for 6 months

had to do the flooring joists in sections rather than one length as the pipe work in the middle is the old show drainage that will be removed when the old shower goes.

the plan was to use one of the old toilets but this changed later.

shower plumbing

the plan was to just block up and plaster the door but it was just as simple to re plaster the whole wall

new toilet

finally some tiles

this is the door that will be fitted

after seeing how the bathroom has turned out in doing the rest of the upstairs of the house this weekend and have the week off next week.. new floors throughout, new paint, new doors are trims. and new carpet for the stairs....
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

21st Jan 13 at 23:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Jan 13 at 01:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice
Graham88

22nd Jan 13 at 04:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Proper nice mate. Impressive
AndyKent

22nd Jan 13 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good.

Not too keen on the raised floor when viewed from the bedroom, but fit and finish looks top notch.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

22nd Jan 13 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats brilliant, its like a bathroom i saw in a showroom that i wanted to copy, not doing it now though as we will be moving soon, i may still do it in the new place though

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
ljames555

22nd Jan 13 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice!

How much did that cost altogether?
Take it you did most of the work yourself?
Siberia

22nd Jan 13 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Looks good.

Not too keen on the raised floor when viewed from the bedroom, but fit and finish looks top notch.

that door from the bed room is blocked up now.. you have to use the main door

cost wise about 3500-4k(euros)

so much of the money is under the tiles that you cant see plus as i said earleer we changed our minds a few times which cost a small few quid.

i did everything underneath.. design, plumbing, electrics, carpentry(butchery ) then got a mate tiler to do the tiling and a mate plasterer to do the ceiling and the wall in the bedroom.

i can do small tiling jobs myself but these tiles cost nearly a grand so i didnt want to feck them up

plastering i tryed before and made a mess so never again... have to know you limits

[Edited on 22-01-2013 by Siberia]

New Poll