corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » problematic corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author problematic corsa
purple_B

User status: Offline
24th Mar 13 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys/girls
Hopefully you can shed some light on a problem my friends having with her 59 reg 1.0 corsa,its got the dreaded mayonaisse in oil cap and after taking it to garage they reckon its not hgf and maybe water pump seal,its using a small amount of coolant,but oil level doesnt look any higher.
After looking at it today i noticed that it doesnt have temp gauge in dash is the any way to get this info to see if it is running hotter than normal tbru the comp display.
Any help i can pass on or use to get garage to sort it out would be gratefully recieved
Many thanks
Ian
BenC1985

24th Mar 13 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had the same thing with my missus corsa. Corsa d im guessing by the age. Hers was like mayo in the oil cap and i had it flushed. Nearly two years after keeping an eye on it the head gasket went. £700 later and its all good again. The oil can be like mayo in the oil cap from just doing short journeys id flush it through and keep an eye on it. It it does it again id look at headgasket.
purple_B

24th Mar 13 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok thanks mate
Any others had same problem??
DanCobb

24th Mar 13 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sxi usually has some but soon clears after a long run. I usually do short journeys though. How often does she drive it? And how long for?
purple_B

25th Mar 13 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every day and does around 40 miles per day to work n back,so not just short runs,there was mayonaissing on dipstick too but not right to the bottom and is using a small amount of coolant with no drips on garage floor.
This is quite thick and can see it all round rocker cover not just condensation.
Its rather awkward as she took extra warranty out on it with the dealer she bought it from but hes gone under snd set up with new name at same place and is now avoiding her calls.
I just want as much info as i can get as im not up on the latest shape corsa and its characteristics.
The fact it has no temp gauge in dash so cant monitor that unless theres a way to bring it up on central screen etc
So any help from say vaux mechanics or the like would be great
Cheers

New Poll