corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » more coilover problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author more coilover problems
Smrf_

User status: Offline
26th Mar 13 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i turned the wheel at about half lock the coilovers would make a twanging sound then the car would start pulling in the direction i had turned until i turned the other direction and it twanged then it would start pulling that way, it would settle and stop pulling after a while.
i checked the clearance from the wheels under full lock and there was room, i also tried it with a different smaller set of wheels, still did it.

just hoping someone can tell me if theyre broke or if ive done something wrong.
3CorsaMeal

27th Mar 13 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be a top mount issue whereby when you turn the wheel the spring is twisting.
davegreen
Premium Member

28th Mar 13 at 07:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Could be a top mount issue whereby when you turn the wheel the spring is twisting.

i would go with this to. maybe your thrust bearing has colapsed?
monkeytwizzel

28th Mar 13 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As 3corsameal has said bud,sounds like the bearings have seized or fallen out the the top mount.

New Poll