corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x18xe1 into a corsa b 1.2 1.6v help required

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x18xe1 into a corsa b 1.2 1.6v help required
moxon508

User status: Offline
6th Apr 13 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi. I am looking for some advice from some one that has actually put one into a corsa b 1.2 1.6v
Mainly it is with the wiring. The ecu is on the engine. Need help on which wires to connect. And both engine mounts are different. Can I use 1.2 8v mounts. Cheers
boyo2800

8th Apr 13 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is possible to wire the ecu loom into the existing wiring that's through the bulkhead, but the easiest way by far is to fit a 1.4 / 1.6 16 v corsa dash loom , then all your ecu wiring is in the footwell and is plug and play, it's not as much agro as people think once u remove heater controls and glovebox etc, and you'll just need the left mount near belts as the 1.2 power steering setups different and so is the mount
boyo2800

8th Apr 13 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read your mounts query again, 1.4 or 1.6 mounts, 1.2 8v will be non PAS and that's what makes the mounts different
moxon508

9th Apr 13 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi. I don't understand why it is easier to change the dash loom and have the ecu in the foot well. Can't you just wire it in under the bonnet were both ecus are already or is there some wires in the foot well that need to be connected to. That's good news about the mounts. They are 10 a penny in my scrap yard. Have you done the conversion boyo. Cheers
iby

10th Apr 13 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done a c20xe conversion on a 1.0 where the wires are the same i.e in the bay ecu. Chop ecu plug off, go under car, slight tug on the wire from inside the engein bay so when you go underneath the foot well you know which wire you need to pull back towards the inside of the car. Then bridge the relay behind the glovebox. Aparently its like this on the 1.2 16v as well as the 1.0 12V on mine. Will just take you an extra day to pull it though. IMHO, changing dash loom is too much effort lol. This is pulling the wires through for my xe conversion.

I would have thought you needed the usual type 2 conversion leg plate with nova rubber for the engine mount bracket?
moxon508

10th Apr 13 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does the loom need to be pulled back inside the foot well. Are there wires there that I need to connect to. The corsa 8v mount apparently is what's needed. Cos the enginf is small block.
moxon508

12th Apr 13 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I have been scouring the internet for someone that has converted a 16v without changing the dash loom but have been unable to find anyone so it looks like I will have to go down the same root as every body else. 1.4 or 1.6 dash loom anyone.

New Poll