corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Strange Issue with my corsa?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Strange Issue with my corsa?
ste_p23

User status: Offline
24th May 13 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys ive not been online for some time so i hope you are all well?

Im having abit of a strange issue with my car so i thought i would ask one here and see what comes up.

The car in question is an 11 plate 1.4 Corsa Sri petrol (sorry dont know the new codes)

The car has been running fine and i did a 20 mile trip to work today and stopped to get some breakfast.

The car was left stood for about 5 minutes without power and keys out of the ignition. When i have got in the car and started it the EML light came of for around 30 seconds and then turned off. I reversed the car back and it was fine, however when ive put the car into first gear to set off its moving but i can only seem to get to about 5mph with the pedal flat to the floor.

I have gone through all the gears and it goes through the gears fine. A friend mentioned it may have hone into "limp mode" but im no expert.

Im now sat at work scratching my head to what it could be?

Any help would be great!
Generation

24th May 13 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine management light still on?
ste_p23

24th May 13 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just started it up and the EML was off but when ive tried to revv it this time it has gone upto the end of the limiter but as its on a full car park i cant check if it moves forward just at the moment.
johnhara1

24th May 13 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get in car, hold acc pedal flat to floor and brake pedal down hard then turn key to ign2. (DONT START THE CAR!)

See if a fault code appears on the dash.

I had similar problem with 2004 mk4 astra last week, z16xe engine. Turned out to be faulty ECU in the end the but codes were pointing to Fuel Pump Primary Circuit and Throttle Pedal Fault among others.
Brett
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in Manchester, always got Opcom here if you need plugging in for free, assuming it works with your motor.

New Poll