corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » So 6 months has passed…

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author So 6 months has passed…
AdZ9

User status: Offline
18th Jun 13 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since NZBMatrix went down

How many of you are still using Newsgroups/Usenet? I haven't used it really since NZBM went down, I tried to find some alternatives like NZBsrus but they just didn't seem the same.

Has anyone found one reliable and on par with Matrix?
gooner_47

18th Jun 13 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got CouchPotato set up to try and use http://nzbplanet.net, http://nzbx.co/, Nzbindex, NzbX, Binsearch.... I can't say conclusively that it's working as I haven't had my machine on 24/7 lately due to the electricity consumption (will be moving it to a Raspberry Pi soon), but the times it has been left to its own devices it's managed to download the movies from those OK.

The only time I've had real problems is when I search myself for a movie that's been released for a while in Newshosting, and then virtually every one I try to download is fucked, and I have to head off to isohunt and utorrent.
AdZ9

18th Jun 13 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I used to use Coachpotatoe and Sickbeard, but had it all set up to use VIP NZBMatrix etc.

Are all those sites free? Might give them a go, i'm just gutted it took me so long to try the Newsgroups route out, it was amazing
luciaadr

18th Jun 13 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the minute it went down i joined nzb.su so no real downtime

Need to sort a backup incase that goes down too though, would probably set up my own server
Toby
Premium Member

18th Jun 13 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use NZBsRus and its ok.

Don't use usenet half as much as i used to, more so with lovefilm and netflix in front of me for less than 3 pints a month
John

18th Jun 13 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've went back to torrents but download much less than I did when I had newsgroups, and it's a massive pain searching for stuff.
jamied

18th Jun 13 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I've went back to torrents but download much less than I did when I had newsgroups, and it's a massive pain searching for stuff.

Exactly same for me too
Chrissy
Premium Member

18th Jun 13 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I jumped on this a bit late (after matrix went down) but apart from the odd older series I haven't really had any trouble finding and downloading stuff. NZBsRus, apart from when they have random periods of downtime, have been pretty decent.

>>>> Chris <<<<

Dom

19th Jun 13 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

Yup, mostly use Icefilm on my RPi if i want to watch something.
AdZ9

19th Jun 13 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have Netflix but I wouldn't class it in the same league as being able to download recent movies - yes it's good for some TV shows and old films but it takes too long to get recent ones on there.

I'll look into NZBrus then as it seems to be quite popular, I'm not that fussed on coachpotato/sickbeard anymore but I would like to download the recent movies when they're available in 720+

New Poll