corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » getting ideas for my corsa x16xe as its my first car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author getting ideas for my corsa x16xe as its my first car
JackAndertonx16xe

User status: Offline
27th Jun 13 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi im all new to this as i have only just got my first car which is a 1999 corsa b sport !.6 , was just wondering could anyone tell me some good brands for the likes of exhaust upgrades and suspension upgrades .

it looks like its been lowerd like 40mm on springs all round but i want it lower , its all been debadged and a debadged grill , the standerd 3 spoke sport wheels have been sprayed like a dark grey , also it has a square aftermarket exhaust onit other than them mods its standard .

i have just purchased a set of mk3 astra gsi fan blades for it plan to get a pipercross viper induction kit and a set of MHW smoked rear lights for it .

but other than that i dont know :/ , which is where i need the help !!!

i would like a rolled tip exhaust onit but i dont no what good brands there is and what sound good and what gives good performance and also id like to lower it atleast 100mm but dont know whether to get sprigs and shortend dampers or get a set of coilovers

any help would be great and in advance thankyou
Edges 58

27th Jun 13 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gaz GHa coilovers from P1CK4D (Think thats his user name) he gets them cheaper!! Some really good tyres. 2 litre front brakes from a Cav SRi or Astra GSi. Small steering wheel (300mm) strip the interior of carpets seats and sound deadening fit bucket seats and harnesses if that floats your boat
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

27th Jun 13 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a scroll through the project threads mate, you'll soon see some things you like. GAZ coilovers, maybe sportex backbox/system, there's some on ebay too. Maybe some depos?
JackAndertonx16xe

28th Jun 13 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi , thanks for your reply's , I would like to keep the interior standards ATM I think the only thing I would do apart from a new head unit speakers and a sub and amp is I'd like to put full leather seats from a calibra ( correct me if I'm wrong :/ ) , about the 2ltr brakes would I have to change the carriers or could I use the ones which are on the car ? , are the sportex systems good are they cos I've been looking at the straight through pipe and back box and the manifold
LukesCorsaSXi

28th Jun 13 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regarding an exhaust though, most people go for a 3" rolled out tip Sportex Exhaust. Maybe throw in a straight through pipe aswell. I had both on mine and it was raspy as fook.

This one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Corsa-B-Sportex-Exhaust-System-inc-Race-Tube-Single-3-/350823565467?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51aeb6c89b

Looks like it's on offer too as mine cost more than that when I had it.

Cheap and cheerful coilovers.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FK-AK-STREET-Coilovers-Vauxhall-Corsa-B-/290782689510?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43b3ffb8e6

I think the rear springs will drop about -80mm without the adjuster cups, where as the fronts you can have whatever height you want. I think without the helper springs on, they drop to around -100mm.

corsa-torque

28th Jun 13 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Save your money and don't bother with a Pipercross viper, Drill the air box and fit an uprated panel filter, will only cost you about £30 and do same thing but better, less heat soak etc

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=628885

[Edited on 28-06-2013 by corsa-torque]
Edges 58

28th Jun 13 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 litre brakes you change the calipers, carriers, discs and pads all from Astra cav or whatever.. Disc size 254x24mm. Even with standard interior of suggest small steering wheel, just feels better driving without a boat sized wheel! Calibra leathers are good if you want comfort.. Easy fit too, depending on your car wiring, easy to make heated leathers work too! Depo headlights would be cool too!
Ricky352

28th Jun 13 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a Pipercross Viper, but if I was doing it again I'd probably just drill the airbox as mentioned above. I also had a full Sportex system (including exhaust manifold, decat and 3 inch backbox) and I thought it sounded great.

I would invest in a less restrictive inlet manifold as well as they can give very good power gains for the money. I bought mine off a fella on here, not sure where you could get them now. Mantzel do them, but they could be dear enough.

I personally wouldn't lower it any more than 60mm, but thats up to you.
JackAndertonx16xe

28th Jun 13 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the suggestions , looks like I'm going for a sportex then , as for the air box the previous owner has de-restricted it already so ill get on drilling it and putting a better panel filter in , I was just wondering though is it worth the extra £££ for coil overs rather than just buying springs and dampers ? , as for the brakes though how hard or easy is it to find carriers and calipers ?
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

28th Jun 13 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The k&n panel filter has good reviews, comes with a lifetime guarantee I think and can be cleaned
Haimsey
Premium Member

28th Jun 13 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=656735

Mhw's

Good price too!

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Edges 58

29th Jun 13 at 06:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what you want to use the ca for to decide on coilovers or springs.. If you want to blitz back roads and some track days, get good coilovers like gaz. If you want stupid lows and don't care about ride quality get cheap ebay coilovers, if you want about 60mm lowering and not that fussed about going much lower go for decent set of springs. As for brakes, corsacal was selling a set of calipers and carriers for £25 recently.. They come up for sale quite often in here! Or local scrap yard might have some
JackAndertonx16xe

29th Jun 13 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seen the MHW's but haven't got the money yet :'( thanks though , I'd like to try and do a few track days so I would like to go for a decent set of coilovers but Even if I didn't it would be nice to know that it could handle it , really :O ill check that out but if they do pop up on here quite often then that's ok cheers mate
Haimsey
Premium Member

29th Jun 13 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a shame.

As said above, browse projects section. You'll come across a few subtle cheap mods.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
JackAndertonx16xe

29th Jun 13 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer it is really want a set , and thanks
JackAndertonx16xe

29th Jun 13 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So drilled me air box today and it sounds boss
Edges 58

29th Jun 13 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good! Get a project thread with loads of pictures!
JackAndertonx16xe

29th Jun 13 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer I think I will mate , it will be a slow project thread though hahaha
JackAndertonx16xe

30th Jun 13 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little update : the astra mk3 gsi fan blade alloys I bought on Thursday are getting posted on Monday so should have them sometime next week so I will get a project thread on the go and get some photo's up of it now and then with the new wheels on
BenC1985

1st Jul 13 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are loads of little mods that are fairly cheap that will help the looks. Mk4 astra smoked side repeaters, tigra scuttle panel, depo headlamps, debadged grill, punto rear wiper arm, nice vauxhall wheels and some lowering. My car hasent got alot done really but in my eyes it all works well together.

New Poll