corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Excel and Visual Basic

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Excel and Visual Basic
fiestakidda

User status: Offline
15th Sep 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm wanting too in my spare time learn more about excel in terms of formulas and functionality, also wanting to learn more about macros and Visual Basic coding.

Is anyone aware of any free online training or websites which provide guides on this type of thing?
Brett
Premium Member

16th Sep 13 at 01:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sub Soz()
Msgbox "soz can't help ", vbinformation, "Sorry dude"
End Sub
Ste
Premium Member

16th Sep 13 at 02:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Set fiestakidda.AbilityLevel = Nothing

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
James

16th Sep 13 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excel is a very useful skill to have, but I'm not sure if VBA (VB within Excel) is a particularly sought after skill outside a handful of industries. Something to consider.
A2H GO

16th Sep 13 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read a couple of books on VBA programming, might have the PDF's I can send through. In all honesty though, unless you're using it regularly/everyday you'll forget it pretty quickly.
ed

16th Sep 13 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you wanting to learn about VBA for the purpose of learning about macro writing or are you wanting to learn it for general programming purposes? If it's the latter, avoid it like the plague! VBA is shite!

Saying that, Stack Overflow is a really good place to go when you've got programming problems. Have a search on there because loads of stuff has been covered

New Poll