corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ecu problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ecu problems
john_c20xe

User status: Offline
19th Nov 13 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know its not a corsa but my mums car has broken down, cuts out when its hot. (zafira a 1.8 16v) ive pin pointed the problem to the engine ecu not giving the fuel pump relay its earth when the engine warms up as the ecu is bolted to the side of the head.

I don't want to splash out £250 on a recon ecu as the car isnt worth anymore than that, is there anywhere i can get it repaired?

Anyone used any companys?

Richie

20th Nov 13 at 03:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's fractured solder joints on the ECU. As a temporary fix - just bridge the relay.

Guy here had same issue as you - if your competent enough you should be able to take it apart and spot the fractured joints.

http://www.zafiraowners.co.uk/forum/fuel-pump-relay-causing-engine-to-cutout_topic695.html

[Edited on 20-11-2013 by Richie]
john_c20xe

20th Nov 13 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant even get it apart, that the trouble i have, it has plastic like glue holding it together,
Richie

21st Nov 13 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's sealant that you need to cut all the way around. And reseal when you are done

New Poll