corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fitting throttle body to OPD performance inlet

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fitting throttle body to OPD performance inlet
williamcorsa

User status: Offline
20th Mar 14 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm stuck trying to fit the throttle body to the inlet on my OPD inlet i bought from ebay. I've drilled the threads out of the throttle body and tried to fit using the orignal bolts that was on the throttle body and nuts that came with the manifold but i can't get two of the nuts to fit as part of the throttle body is blocking them. How do i get around this? engine is a x14xe btw.
Cheers

[Edited on 20-03-2014 by williamcorsa]
samshaw42

20th Mar 14 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the same trouble with a vx performance one and ended up pitting studs in the inlet manifold and putting nuts on instead of the bolts hope this helps , SAM
williamcorsa

20th Mar 14 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate, thanks for the reply however got it sorted. Anyone else looking to do it, drill the threads out of the throttle body. Put the three easiest nuts and bolts in and whenever you come to the tricky one, make sure no thread is showing out of the top of the throttle body then put the nut on. Turn the bolt from the inside and it should catch the thread then get whatever you can in the inlet holes to turn the bolt and it will tighten up. Took me over an hour to figure it out lol. However if i was doing it again i wouldn't drill out the bolt nearest the black part where the throttle cable attaches to i would just bolt it from the inside of the inlet it would make thing so much easier. I did read the tutorial up on here however this is for a manzel inlet which is different than the opd and VX inlets you can buy on ebay.

New Poll