corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » REALLY loud rattle coming from front of car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author REALLY loud rattle coming from front of car
Jambo

User status: Offline
   5th Apr 04 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had this rattle for a while now,

started off as annoying but music up u cant hear it its now sounds really bad, basically if i hit a speed bump/pot hole or if im reversing with the wheels at an angle when i engagethe clutch its rattles!

Sounds like its coming from the dash, behind light switch?? I looked in engine bay but couldnt see anything, my bfo cone was thought ot be culpret but ive secured that and it cant be that!

Any ideas? common probs? I know you cant hear it or see my car but any ideas? It sounds like if u dropped a tube onto a hard floor? kinda lol
Mattb

5th Apr 04 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exhaust hanger snapped maybe??
whitter45

5th Apr 04 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i ahve the exact same problem its pissing me off. its really bad over a bumpy road
Kris TD

5th Apr 04 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i recon its the gearlinkage, my bro sorted his the other day, the bracket where it mounts the gearbox was broken and had bent down, had to weld it back up then adjust it all.
Kris TD

5th Apr 04 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was rattling against something when he turned left it got worse. didnt always do it though, only when doing certain things.
Jambo

5th Apr 04 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like me kris except mines whilst turning right usually or reversing right if u get me.

I tohught my exhaust looked a little low but didnt really remember what it looked like b4 lol

New Poll