corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » front bearing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author front bearing
Cossie

User status: Offline
9th Apr 04 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some onr had ever changed front bearing i tried to get it out the the bearing racer from the swivel hub but it is jamed!! someone had this problem ?
ainsley_brader

10th Apr 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which bit is jammed?
Mattb

10th Apr 04 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

front wheel bearings need to pressed out with a hydraulic press, and need to be pressed back in
TOMAS

10th Apr 04 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has the inner race come off the bearing and its still stuck to the flange? If so you need a knife edge bearing puller my friend.
AdamF
Premium Member

12th Apr 04 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to hammer out the middle of the bearing to get hub out then press the rest out with hydraulic press then press new one back in then press hub back in.
corsa_jim

12th Apr 04 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ a push if you cant get hold of a press get a big socket that fits the outer edge of the bearing n stand it on blocks of wood so its clear underneath the hub n jus twat it with a small sledge hammer i had to do it that way @ work when our press bust n it is doable did 2 fronts on an astra

Jim
Adam-D

12th Apr 04 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ i used this method

New Poll