corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Noise Polution

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Noise Polution
Voyto

User status: Offline
14th Apr 04 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently ive been told by numerous garages that they will fail my MOT because my car is louder than factory standard. What can i do to shut the exhaust up? i was thinkin about having this done as more of a permenant thing rather than temporary.
Corsa E-Tec

14th Apr 04 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What exhaust is it?
If it is custom i have no idear, but if it is just a cat back or full system then For the mot put your standard exhaust on or add another silencer for permant noise reduction.

[Edited on 14-04-2004 by Corsa E-Tec]
miles

14th Apr 04 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you been told or apparently told?
Jambo

14th Apr 04 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to a different garage they are talking shit. Unless you have a concorde exhaust youll be ok
uprated

14th Apr 04 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a straight through with a jap backbox with absolutely no silencing in it whatsoever that was over the legal limit and that was loud as fook, never even got questioned about it, theyd have to be either pretty bored, arseholes or knobheads that do everything to the letter if they made you replace it.
corsa_jim

14th Apr 04 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The garage where i work is an MOT station n noise isnt a factor aslong as it passes on emissions then noise dosent matter

Jim
Voyto

14th Apr 04 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i took it to a Ford garage near me and he was lookin over it to see what it would fail on. he said wheels will rub on full lock (fail) and the exhaust is louder than factory standard (fail). ive been told this by more than one garage. others dont care, seems its a bit of a gray area
Danz_Corsa

15th Apr 04 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i read something about there being a limit of something like 50Db 1m away from the tailpipe? not sure tho, but 50db is fek'ing loud!

any1 else know more?
Corsa Racer 69

15th Apr 04 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jus put a sound deflector on for the mot if it comes to that jus a piece of alumium to direct the sound at the ground, we do it with the formula ford race cars wen we have 2 test wen there is sound limits can knock up to 15db off the noise, jus put it on 4 MOT then take it off after ?
AdiSRI

15th Apr 04 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noise is upto the testers disgression.

there isnt a legal limit, but it is true that anything louder than standard is illegal, just take it somewhere else.

my car is loud and it passed fine.

New Poll