corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Info on the 1.5TD

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Info on the 1.5TD
Aidan

User status: Offline
3rd May 04 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking for some information on the 1.5TD corsa,
Any common problems to look out for?
How reliable have the owners found them to be?
How often is the service interval? How much are the parts for a DIY job?
Cambelt change interval? DIY-able?
General driving characteristics? Much lag? Good in-gear acceleration?
How many miles to, say, £30 of diesel on average?
Whats road noise like at motorway speeds?

Have searched, but didn't find any posts relating to the above- so would be grateful if I could get some answers!
LukeGSi

3rd May 04 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u KrisTD hes the guy to speak to
Aidan

3rd May 04 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate
LukeGSi

3rd May 04 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries
Kris TD

3rd May 04 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very relaible, mines done 147k and ive not had a single engine problem other than service items and battery, starter and alternator, nothing that doesnt need changing at some point anyway.
oil change is every 4500 miles although its only a 10 minute job to do that anyway. cambelt, yes very easy to change. its a very easy engine too work on.
you might notice that some oil leaks from the rocker cover, mine and my bros always have no matter how many times ive changed the gasket so dont worry about that.
most parts are quite cheap, although some can be more expensive than the petrol models due to the fact its an isuzu engine and not made by vauxhall.
as for driving, not bad really, very quiet i seem to remember but mines not a standard engine anymore. this engine loves induction kits unlike the petrol corsas. mine made 99 bhp on the rollers. to get it too that power took about 1 - 2 hours, read about how to do it in the tutorials section, had mine running that power for 30k and 2 1/2 years and never casued me a problem.
bout 350-500 miles to a tank depending on how you drive it and if its round town or motorway etc...

the ingear acceleration is pretty good standard but even more so if you do the tweek.

anymore questions u2u me.
had mine for 4 1/2 years and its never broken down on me

New Poll