corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Pipercross Viper induction Kit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pipercross Viper induction Kit
diddon

User status: Offline
16th Jun 04 at 05:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right thinking about one of these, but have a few questions, its for a 1.8 sri corsa c

How will it effect fuel economy

Pros and cons of induction kits
L330wnz

16th Jun 04 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically direct air going into ya engine so fuel consumption will be a little bit higher but u'll feel that it smooths out the rev range and make the throttle more responsive... <--- this is my opinion
broster
Premium Member

16th Jun 04 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the viper is one of the best induction kits out as its a sealed unit, dont listen to people who say a drilled air box is better. lies! it wont really effect fuel economy, only if you boot it more to hear the noise
Adam-D

16th Jun 04 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that the £250 airfilter?

too much ££ for a filter imo but there one for sale in the classifieds
broster
Premium Member

16th Jun 04 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats the one. awaits being told that a drilled air box gives more power blah blah blah
Adam-D

16th Jun 04 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant comment ive never had one
they look good
thats all i can say
broster
Premium Member

16th Jun 04 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the point most people aint even seen one and say a drilled air box is better as there mates uncles brothers sisters flatsmates dogs owner had one once they think!
Adam-D

16th Jun 04 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heard kerrys when she had the veccy that sound good but that is a v6
Greasemonkey

16th Jun 04 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got one sounds so nice, lol,
broster
Premium Member

16th Jun 04 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got one too sounds nice, can we have a viper club
MoNkEy MaGiC

16th Jun 04 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by L330wnz
basically direct air going into ya engine so fuel consumption will be a little bit higher but u'll feel that it smooths out the rev range and make the throttle more responsive... <--- this is my opinion

this statement is true, i have a viper induction kit on my 1.6 16v Gsi, and it has improved the performance, but only slightly more compared to other kits! and so for the money its not worth it really ur basically paying for the name and look

i used to get about 180/190miles to £20, after the kit i only come close to 160/170 so fuel consumtion "WILL" go up! partially due to the fact that u will boot it more often for the sound however....

...it sounds the nuts when the air feed is "disconnected" from the front of the kit and sounds far better than my old KnN
corsa120

16th Jun 04 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i still disagree with alot of ya i have a vipor filter an yes there quite good flat spots have gone and feels more responsive, BUT YOU DO NOT GAIN POWER FROM A FILTER NOT NOTICABLE TO THE HUMAN BODY ANYWAY you may 1-2 bhp's but it would only show up on a dyno YOU CAN NOT FEEL IT and anyone who says they can might as well where a berburry hat and say go faster stripes give you horse power

they are good filters but no way worth the money, get a BMC from demon tweeks 100 quid less and looks just as good all encased in carbon etc, or drill the air box, it has been proved an airbox give basically the same as a vipor anyway.

my advice get a p-panel filter, drill box and have it painted or somat, much less same performance and 200 quid to spend on somat else
broster
Premium Member

16th Jun 04 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u notice the impreoved throttle responce tho!
corsa120

16th Jun 04 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes thats what im saying better responce and engine revs bit more freely but POWERWISE no different to my bfo/piperx/j+r filter and hks one
broster
Premium Member

16th Jun 04 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

humm....some dude put his car on the rollers with a viper, k&n, and drilled air box and viper came out loads better if i remember correctly. the main think with any induction kit is your not going to notice any gains unless the car is mapped for it

and the acceleration curve will change with the better throttle responce

[Edited on 16-06-2004 by broster]
corsa120

16th Jun 04 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes thats what i just said the vipor may be better and yes the dyno showed it up but on the road you would not feel the power difference, as the gain is too small, not like fitting a turbo where 40-50 bhp is gain we are talking 1's and 2's bhp's, engines vary brand new in power from prob 5-10 bhp as u get healthy engines etc and we as customers dont notice it

my brother had a rover tomcat and had it on rollers and it was totally standard pushed out like 13bhp more standard figure, til he wrote it off lol
broster
Premium Member

16th Jun 04 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really i was always lead to believe that tom cats were usually down on power from standard. rolling orads give different readings mind so u cant judge it on that, only really handy for showing the difference a mod has made. You may not believe me but my viper is noticably better than a drilled air box and k&n, may just be me lol! also joff has sold his viper and gone to a dirlled air box and says its shit now.
corsa120

16th Jun 04 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well yeh if thats what you truly believe then thats kool we all have our own minds but sometimes i think we are lead believe things in our minds because we want to not because it actually happened lol if u get me

like if i spent 250 quid on a vipor and noticed nothing you would be hacked of but you say yeh there better anyway cos you have spent the money lol
you wanna believe what written on the box

plz dont get me wrong im happy with my filter, but i would still have a drilled airbox or bfo back on it as to me there is not enough difference to matter
broster
Premium Member

16th Jun 04 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just not what i believe, i see your point totally. but if thats the case why when joff has sold his viper does he say that the drilled air box is shit in comparison? just one of them things i bet, lol, if i believe what was on the box id be up 10bhp!!!!
corsa120

16th Jun 04 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all if's and but's at end of the day my opinion is get bmc half the price and same thing and not many peeps have em
broster
Premium Member

16th Jun 04 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true! they look sexy too

New Poll