corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » headwork?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author headwork?
rayyau

User status: Offline
26th Sep 04 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know this is probably really simple but what is headwork? also how does this affest the engine and other bits like the bottom end, sump gasket and arp rod bolts i got a standard 1.6 sport that needs that valve stem seals doing so thought i might as well get all the internals sorted while the engines apart to save a few quid later but aint got a clue what all the above means...........
broster
Premium Member

26th Sep 04 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

head work just makes the gasses flow thru the head better, amkingyou have a performance gain
corsa_jim

26th Sep 04 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah headwork is basically smoother ports inlet and exhaust and opend up to the same size as the manifolds as usually the ports are smaller . can be done diy but if your not handy with a dremal leave it to the pros

Jim
rayyau

26th Sep 04 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so it basically just means filing back the inlet and outlet ports? also what about the rest like the bottom end, lightening and balancing it and the crank and the sump gasket??? what is involved there and does it cost a lot or improve power. thanks
rayyau

26th Sep 04 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

help!!!
corsa_jim

26th Sep 04 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right lightenin n balanceing basically they jus do that it will rev smoother and faster but you might not notice a lot of diffrence best to hav a word with where eva your thinkin of gettin the work done but to be honest get the head work done n leave the bottom end

Jim
AK

27th Sep 04 at 04:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit man, i could do with a lightened sump gasket

Ok....

lightened bottom end parts (crank etc) lessen the load the car has to turn inside the engine, making it more responsive...

ARP rod bolts keep you rods attached to their end caps (round the crank) at high revs

sump gasket - well.... erm.... you have one of them anyway, i hope.

1 Question..... what are your plans for the engien to justify all this expense..... if its not throttle bodies, dont bother

New Poll