corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How do I stop the exhaust knocking and rattling?!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do I stop the exhaust knocking and rattling?!!!
mwg

User status: Offline
   28th Sep 04 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a Magnex oval on my Corsa B and it fits really well but it rattles/vibrates at just over 1000rpm when its cold! The rattle is still there once it is warm but not anywhere near as bad. And if I go round a roundabout quickish or tight right hand corner it knocks on the suspension! it never used to do this when I had standard suspension! How do i stop it from doing this as it allready fits really well and sits just right on the car and there is hardly any movement if I try moving it with my hands?! Any ideas please
big eck

28th Sep 04 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get under the car and see where its hittin the suspension, you might need to adjust it slighty, if your not keen on moving it them fit a harder set of rubbers.
mwg

28th Sep 04 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers!
mwg

28th Sep 04 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where would I get a harder set of rubbers from?
big eck

28th Sep 04 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That I dont know, I think you can buy polyutherene ones, there very hard and are also used to harden up suspension components
mwg

28th Sep 04 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think Ive seen them in Demon Tweeks coem to think of it!
Robin
Premium Member

28th Sep 04 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your car is lowered more than 40mm, it catches on the rear beam, mine did, so i got it raised from -60mm to -40 mm, handled better too, might be the clamp on the rear box, try turning it round so the bolts dont face down
mwg

28th Sep 04 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is lowered 30mm BUT it sits alot lower than my mate that has 17s and -40mm Apex kit!
Robin
Premium Member

28th Sep 04 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try the clamp then, mine used to catch when cold, but sorted it by turning clamp and raising rear
mwg

28th Sep 04 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill try that aswell
Cybermonkey

28th Sep 04 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its the mounts that are hanging it too low, look for Vauxhall Vectra ones as they are meant to be shorter and pull the exhaust closer to the underside
italianjob

29th Sep 04 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does this.. very simple cure.. get under car, see where exhaust is hittin the beam, then get a bit of rubber, like a flat exhaust mount and cabletie the rubber to the beam. now the exhaust will still be resting on the beam, but there will be now nasty rattle.. cheap, easy solution
Cybermonkey

29th Sep 04 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant see that being very healthy for your exhaust, surely with the beam moving all the time, you dont want the exhaust constantly being tugged up and down.

New Poll