corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Taking The Dash off Corsa B (Rattling Problem)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Taking The Dash off Corsa B (Rattling Problem)
tang

User status: Offline
   29th Nov 04 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all

Can anybody supply me with any diagrams / tutorials to taking the dash off or just the air vents as there a really annoying rattling sound which goes crazy every time I go over bumps? It sounds like its coming from the right side really close to the engine bay. Sounds like plastic hitting plastic don’t know if anybody has had this problem but it needs sorting as the music is needed to drown it.

If possible I just need ways to get a hand to the back on the drivers side

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks
N90ATH

29th Nov 04 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haynes will show ya
evansy

29th Nov 04 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i could do with taking the vents off my b as well, the previous owner had one of those stupid air fresheners that fit into the vents and some how managed to unclip all the fins inside the vent with it. i've looked thru haynes but it doesnt say anything about taking the vents out
N90ATH

29th Nov 04 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u push against them with the palm of ur hand and the push them down as if pointing them down they will go further and u can see some screws behind thats how u get them off. is it the center ones?
evansy

29th Nov 04 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup the left hand center one that i've got a problem with
N90ATH

29th Nov 04 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also if u unclip the vent slide swithc and pull of the panel, there are 2 screws behind that un screw these and take off the center heater dial.
then lift up the mfd and pull the whole unit out get ur hand behind and unclip teh wiring plugs and cables make sure u remember where they connect and then u can sort the prolme out easier

New Poll