corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » sanding interior parts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sanding interior parts
FINCH WXM

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 05 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what did you use to sand your interior parts? did you do it by hand or use an electric sander if so, what type is best?

thanks
ikky

3rd Feb 05 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what parts?
supacook2k

3rd Feb 05 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm guessing air vent surrounds and centre console etc, i've never done it but i would recommend doing it by hand!
corsa120

3rd Feb 05 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do it by hand and dont be afraid to go at it with a real rough grade paper to start with i used 80 grit first beleive it or not and then 120-180-200-400-800 and then 1000 wet, then apply primer 2-coats and then sand again with 1000 wet and re-prime 1-2 coats and sand again wet, de-grease and paint.

some1 will say i did it wrong but when ive gone to meet and shows i think my interior spraying is superior to some peeps
ChetanR

4th Feb 05 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

woah...sounds good u know...never thought about sanding it...got ne pictures?
RKS

4th Feb 05 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
do it by hand and dont be afraid to go at it with a real rough grade paper to start with i used 80 grit first beleive it or not and then 120-180-200-400-800 and then 1000 wet, then apply primer 2-coats and then sand again with 1000 wet and re-prime 1-2 coats and sand again wet, de-grease and paint.

some1 will say i did it wrong but when ive gone to meet and shows i think my interior spraying is superior to some peeps

what paint do you use?? 2k or celly??
Corsa E-Tec

4th Feb 05 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same a corsa 120 but took less step, no right or wrong way just depends how gooda finish you want.

i used really gritty sand paper to get rid of all the bobble and then slow got lighter and lighter with the grade of sand paper untill i was satisfide, used high build primer a few times and sanded till smoothe and then got it painted buy a body shop as laquer can be a bitch to do.

did the lacquer myself on the engine cover.

[Edited on 04-02-2005 by Corsa E-Tec]
Davidp18

4th Feb 05 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why du say lacquers a bitch,u can sand lacquer smooth just do the previous steps and when it comes to lacquering give it a good few coats then sand it smooth till its like glass(wet sand) then use rubbing compound to get rid of the flatting marks and polish it up

New Poll