corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » LET start up problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LET start up problem
Robbie

User status: Offline
15th Feb 05 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On start up of the corsa LET the rev counter goes up to about 5000rpms then drops very quick but no high revs are heard,it cuts outs unless you give it a few revs and keep reving it for about 30 seconds to 1 min before it warms up a bit, it idles at about 100-250rpms then once its warm and run for a short while it is fine and ticks over as normal at correct rpms,
Is this owt to worry about,i'm getting her booked in at Vauxhall as i've only just bought the car,also after about half hour of driving it makes a constant noise(not tappets just a wining/airy noise),could this be an early sign that its on its way out due to old age,i don't know how many miles it had done before it was converted all i do know is that its been in the motor for about 18months max and has done 2,000 miles in last 9 months according to MOT certificate,

Robbie
Danny69

16th Feb 05 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coolent temp sensor i have been told mate!!
Jambo

16th Feb 05 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anything popped off? Hose wise? Check all your boost hoses

Also check the temp sensor, and ICV
Robbie

16th Feb 05 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers i'll let vauxhall know this so it looks like i know what i'm going on about,then they might not charge me for 4 hours labour then
Jambo

16th Feb 05 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine did a similar thing and id managed to pop a boost hose off

Put it back on and presto she worked fine

Robbie

16th Feb 05 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't checked yet -the previous owner kept going on about a boost hose to the intercooler popping off but i was too inetersted in getting in to the car and taking it for a spin to listen to him,it still holds boost fine most of the time sometimes in 3rd/4th theres loads of power then nothing then loads again,it must be a hose cause my old fez turbo did the same thing
Jambo

16th Feb 05 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like youve popped a hose off. Silicon jobs? Or just std jobs? The std ones i have on mine are only JUST long enough from the top hat to the FMIC. Thats the one that popped off on mine

New Poll