corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Putting a flip screen in the top air vents

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Putting a flip screen in the top air vents
mobymaster

User status: Offline
27th Feb 05 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, im planning on putting a screen into my corsa, I was going to put it where the top LCD display is, like what claire richardson has done, however, I would prefer to keep it. My problem is, ive got the top vents out, relocating the hazard isnt a problem, but the tube/plastic mould that supplys the air feed to the left hand (passanger side) air vent is in the way, The one on the right isnt a problem. The screen will not fit in fully with this in the way. How can I get around it, Is it safe to just bash the screen in or shoudl I cut away at the tube itself.?

All help is appreciated
adelcorsa

27th Feb 05 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id cut it and try to re route it
mobymaster

27th Feb 05 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, after a while of choping and using the hot air gun, the new unit fits in Now, what is suitable to cover up the hole i have made n the pipe?
Dom

27th Feb 05 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use fibreglass mate and convert it into a propper din slot

Although make sure you have blocked the the air tubes off properly, it isnt the best idea to blow hot air onto the back of the HU etc
mobymaster

27th Feb 05 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh im gnna cover the holes up with a rag n plenty of ducktape

As for the mould itself, im gonna use sum mdf and some fibreglass and make it so its nice n secure . Just got to wait for the new screen to arrive. This is what im putting in : http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=8449&taxonomy_id=25-109

New Poll