corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » when driving off wen cold, problem?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author when driving off wen cold, problem?
pavorotti

User status: Offline
16th Mar 05 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok this morning i started to drive after it had been left overnight
and wen i accelerated it just made loads of noise like airfilter sucking noise but was not going any where until the revs got to about 3k revs
this happened for a while then wen the engine got warm it was ok!

iv started to use that wynns engine additive which is upposed to protect engine its thick stuff lik glue could this be causing thickenes on pistons
wen cold but wen warm it spreads and thinens?

[Edited on 16-03-2005 by pavorotti]
dna23

16th Mar 05 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its just a case of your cars gotten cold overnight and wont run properly till its heated up, generally speaking if i need to use my car in the morning after a cold night i leave it running for a 5 minutes before i go anywhere so it can heat up.... i may be wrong though
Graham

16th Mar 05 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it feel like its gonna choke out, if you floor it in first gear what happens?
pavorotti

16th Mar 05 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it just makes the sucking noise the air filter purring noise and moves very slow then wen rev gets to about 3k it starts to
pik up! this as never happened before!
iv just had ekotek valve fitted 2!

[Edited on 16-03-2005 by pavorotti]
dna23

16th Mar 05 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flat spots maybe.... does it chug along a bit jumpy... ease ure foot of and back on the accelerator or gear down often works for me.... try letting it warm up tho, can't hurt can it :thumb:

New Poll