corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Serious brake problem, help me!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Serious brake problem, help me!
Gaz Compassion

User status: Offline
30th May 05 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been out for the day in the car, was hammering it back racing 106 gti the the lights in the distance changed, i hit the brakes from 110 mph and they went all spongy, took ages to come to a stand still, they seem to of got a little better as i arrived home, but they arent how the should be!

Anyong had this problem or know what it could be?
corsaC_on_18s

30th May 05 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like brake fade to me. Just let it all cool down abit, and it will be fine!

If it feels abit different, its probably just your imagination, cause your thinking about it. If you know what i mean!
Adam-D

30th May 05 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above thats brake fade
if your gonna be doin silly speeds best upgrade the brakes
Twiggy

30th May 05 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
as above thats brake fade
if your gonna be doin silly speeds best upgrade the brakes

110 aint silly!!!
Dragon_R34

31st May 05 at 01:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the same problem but i dont do 110 all the time now mainly cos there arent many places i can without hitting a speed camera!
if it still happens even after its cooled down etc... then try n bleed ur breaks u may have bubbles in the system.

i did the same after racing a C2 VTR i slammed the breaks cos i knew there was a camera up ahead 50mph but the idiot didnt know and he got flashed!

also u might wanna read this concerning warped discs http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=217903

Gaz Compassion

31st May 05 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks people

New Poll