corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Quick Launch Bar - XP Home

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick Launch Bar - XP Home
Rich H

User status: Offline
30th Jan 06 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, Im not sure how, but somewhere along the line, when running Registry Cleaner on System Mechanic, I would appear to have deleted a Registry Entry containing the Quick Launch Bar Gets on my tits not having it!! Is there anyway I can getit back without having to reinstall Windows? As Windows is on a 120gb HDD that is almost full - I cant be bothered to back that up, or update everything on a new copy of Windows inc SP2!!!! Anybody know a solution?
Cavey

30th Jan 06 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right click the taskbar, then properties, and quick launch is a selection in there.
Rich H

30th Jan 06 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
right click the taskbar, then properties, and quick launch is a selection in there.

Yeh i keep doing that, but everytime I reboot, it dissapears again. I think Ive fcuked sumthin in the registry?
ssj_kakarot

30th Jan 06 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For some reason my quick launch toolbar just won't work. I started my computer up today and much to my dismay it was gone.

I've tried right clicking on the taskbar and checking the Quick Launch toolbar option under the toolbars menu but I just get an error saying that the tool bar can't be created. In fact, I can't create any tool bars at all. I just keep getting that darned "cannot create" error box.

I'm using windows 2000 professional.

What can I do? Can anyone help me? Thank you so much for your help.

Posted by: Chaotic

To fix this go to C:\Documents and Settings\[profile name]\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer and create a folder named Quick Launch.

god damm people does any one use google

heres the url

http://www.opentechsupport.net/forums/archive/topic/26321-1.html

hope it helps
James_DT

30th Jan 06 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alternatively, Windows key + D shows the desktop. Pressing it again brings all your windows back.
John

30th Jan 06 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or windows key + M to minimize everything.
Rich H

30th Jan 06 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
For some reason my quick launch toolbar just won't work. I started my computer up today and much to my dismay it was gone.

I've tried right clicking on the taskbar and checking the Quick Launch toolbar option under the toolbars menu but I just get an error saying that the tool bar can't be created. In fact, I can't create any tool bars at all. I just keep getting that darned "cannot create" error box.

I'm using windows 2000 professional.

What can I do? Can anyone help me? Thank you so much for your help.

Posted by: Chaotic

To fix this go to C:\Documents and Settings\[profile name]\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer and create a folder named Quick Launch.

god damm people does any one use google

heres the url

http://www.opentechsupport.net/forums/archive/topic/26321-1.html

hope it helps

Yeh I use google, just didnt find that thread! Hasn't helped unfortunately though as botht the solutions suggested don't work Have been told to reinstall internet explorer and see if that works, so will give that a bash.
John

30th Jan 06 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try restarting a few times and enabling quick launch from the task bar every time.
I done something that got rid of it but even after folloowing instructions it still took a few restarts.

New Poll