corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Not corsa related - Pug 106 problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Not corsa related - Pug 106 problem
FlameRedCorsa

User status: Offline
27th Feb 06 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My gf has a peugeot 106 1.1 and the battery keeps going flat if we leave the car unused for longer than two days. Thought it was the battery so we brought a brand new one and the same thing happens.

When the engine is on the battery goes up to 14V so I don't think its the alternator, also she has a clifford matrix alarm fitted and this keeps false alarming. I'm thinking that it might be something to do with a dodgy door pin switch or something.

Can anybody shed any light on this or give any advice as to what it could be.

Auto Electrician is last resort as funds are tight due to purchase of a new place together.

Any help is appreciated

Thanx

Alex
FlameRedCorsa

28th Feb 06 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT
Planty02

1st Mar 06 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when did the problem start. Was it around the same time as having the alarm fitted? if so take it back to whoever fitted the alarm (i assume you had it fitted)
DavC

1st Mar 06 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

disconnect the alarm for a few days and see if its that.

have you canged anything else electrical recently that may have affected it?

Also i have heard of the alternators failing, they still charge and stuff, but theres a diode or something that can 'leak' the charge when the car is turned off, could be that?

Failing all that, just make sure you go out for a drive at least every two days!
FlameRedCorsa

4th Mar 06 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanx for all the advice and help posted, found out today that it was a dodgy pin switch in the boot, the boot wasclosing and switching the boot light off, then a few minutes later the light came back on, the alarm detected the voltage drop and triggered.

So simple when you figure it out

Thanx again

Alex

New Poll