corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » xe alternater...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author xe alternater...
the_legend_of_yrag

User status: Offline
14th Mar 06 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

..my batt light hasn't been coming on with the ignition since the conversion, so i swapped the alternater with the one from my old engine, as they were the same, i did this saturday and the batt light was on!

Turned the ignition on yesterday and no light so checked the wires and earth again, and all was fine

Checked the bulb today and it hasn't blown at all, surley my alternater can't be fucked after just two days?

the_legend_of_yrag

15th Mar 06 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone help with this?
mitch2

16th Mar 06 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What type of belt have you got on the alternator. If it is the old type, which means you can move alternator forwards or backwards, then this has an earth strap. If that is not connected to the right place, then that can cause problems. Also the dash lights can be tempramental. The last thing to check is the circuit track on the back of the dash ( the track runs the power to the bulbs). If this is broken then it will not carry the voltage to the bulb.
Siberia

16th Mar 06 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your altenator was fecked you'd know about pretty quickly cos your car would cut out after about 10 mins driving it...

what starter loom did you use when doing the conversion...

New Poll