corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Head Gasket

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Head Gasket
Dan Lewis

User status: Offline
11th Apr 06 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right new car, changing all gaskets took the head off is it worth getting the head skimmed even though the head gasket was fine?
carnuts

11th Apr 06 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep deffinatley mate always worth it while you have got it off it dont cost much so a deffinate must
Gregor

11th Apr 06 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If ihis head gasket never went then why skim the head ??
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

11th Apr 06 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there isnt any need to skim it unless the head gasket actually failed.
carnuts

11th Apr 06 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can warp a head just from taking it off wrong (not saying you have) it doesnt take alot for it not to seal again properly

do you really want to put it back on and find it aint right is all im saying to me it is worth the extra it of cash just for peace of mind
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

11th Apr 06 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

carnuts is right in that respect, make sure you removed the bolts in the correct order. I always check a head for flatness before refitting.
Dan Lewis

11th Apr 06 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do i go about this? a straight piece of metal and glide it across the head to see it's all level, all bolts were undone correctly as i had the haynes out at te time.
carnuts

11th Apr 06 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh thats it mate just make sure it looks ok ad no nasty digs in the face of the head or anything

New Poll