corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Thinking of doing this night course (CAD)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thinking of doing this night course (CAD)
Marc

User status: Offline
19th Apr 06 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Course Information
computer aided draughting ( autocad)

Level 3

Computer Aided Draughting (Autocad) CG4351-01
2D CAD Level III

How long does the course last and what is the main pattern of attendance?
This is normally a one year part-time course one evening per week. However, other delivery options are available if demand warrants it.

Programme Content
The course aims to provide individuals with a knowledge of Autocad Release 2002 software features, thereby enabling applicants who successfully complete the programme, to obtain a National Qualification.

The delivery of these programmes enables a flexible approach to the learning experience, which will allow individuals to work at a structured rate that reflects their previous knowledge and experience.

• System Hardware and Software
• Description of all drawing commands
• Drawing modifications (edit)
• Block and creation of symbol libraries
• Three dimensional visualisation
• Interactive hardware and software

What qualifications or experience do I need to be accepted on the course?
Students who do not have the normal entry qualifications can gain entry to this course if they have appropriate experience or a mixture of work experience and qualifications.

Normally students gaining entry to this course will hold as a minimum: either 3 GCSE D grades; or equivalent levels of qualifications including GNVQ Foundation, NVQ 1, other level 1 equivalent qualifications eg. ASDAN, NOCN, GNVQ Part 1 (Foundation).

All applicants will be able to demonstrate some progress in Maths and English.

What will the course cost?
Please see the course guide for up to date details of course fees, concessions, methods of payment and enrolment details. In addition to this there may be some additional costs for books, materials, residentials. Please ask at enrolment.

How will I be assessed and how often
You will be assessed by Written Papers and Practical Assignments.

Assessments are internally set and marked, then externally validated by City and Guilds.

On completion of the course where do most students move on to?
Individuals would normally progress onto Three Dimensional Design using Autocad CG4351-09.

Achievement and Retention figures
The retention for 2000/01 was 84%
100% of students who completed the course successfully gained the qualification.

Currently in Drawing Control so I have a bit of experience with program's that use CAD drawing's (OCE, Indexer etc), i also used to be a Fabricator so I'm used to drawing's.

Has anyone done Level 3, opinion's on the course and how did you find it?
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Apr 06 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the cost - that will be around £300 unless the college is discounting it.
Marc

19th Apr 06 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no mention of cost's on their site, I will have to check nearer the time. I remember my 4 year's at college to get an NVQ 2 in Engineering Manufacture cost around £1k.

New Poll