corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Suspension / Camber issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Suspension / Camber issues
dan_almond

User status: Offline
16th May 06 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick one. Lowering my corsa 40mm with new dampers aswell. Now, i know its gonna throw the camber out a fraction, but the bloke at the guarage who will fit the suspension said:

1. The rear camber will not change as the corsa has a fixed rear beam
2. If i get the tracking done on the front two wheels within a week of fitting the kit, the camber issue will be sorted?

Is he right?
abdus

16th May 06 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think camber and tracking are 2 different things...

BTW better get the tracking donw after some miles driven when car has settled more...

somebody correct me if i'm wrong
dan_almond

16th May 06 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

abdus - Yeh i realise the camber and tracking are two totally diff things, thats why im confused with what the bloke at the guarage said.
abdus

16th May 06 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.familycar.com/alignment.htm
Adam

16th May 06 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the camber will change on the front wheels, you will need to get the fronts tracked too.

To sort the camber on the front you will need to buy eccentric top mounts or ajustable bottom arms, or there are wobbly bolts but I'm not a fan as that's really just a bodge
Rob_Corsa

16th May 06 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your only going down 40mm its generally said that the camber will not be changed enough to warrant adjusting.

As for tracking, yes it will need doing but wait a few weeks first as mentioned.
TOMAS

16th May 06 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes Rear Camber/Tracking is fixed and non-adjustable (without mods).

You should really get the tracking done ASAP after lowering because driving with the tracking out will mean that the car pulls all-over the road and your tyres will wear on the insides badly.

You shouldnt need to wait for the shocks to settle unless youv'e fitted shite springs and ensure that unless your new dampers come with bumpstops then you should use the standard bumpstops from your current suspension (providing they are in good condition).

New Poll