corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.6 gettin quite hot

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.6 gettin quite hot
Wrighty

User status: Offline
11th Jun 06 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

around town..my 1.6 tends to get hot rather quickly..fan kicks in after a few mins if i drive then stop at lights or something

isit just the car been normal or what? thinking of doin a coolant change soon,will this help? any other way i can keep my 1.6 cooler?

abdus

11th Jun 06 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then while driving it goes down fine?

Gregor

11th Jun 06 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also is it only in this hot weather ?
Will_Sport

11th Jun 06 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its cos its rediculously hot tbh

mine hovers around the 94deg mark when driving (5deg more than my 1.4 sport). it'll soon heat up when stopped though.

just as long as fan kicks in it'll be fine, the coolant doesn't boil until 120 deg cos its pressurised system.

think all bigger engines are like this, my bro has a x20xev cally and it uses the fans a lot just cos of the heat it produces (even if he aint thrashing)
abdus

11th Jun 06 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=275147

had this some time back..nothing to worry

[Edited on 11-06-2006 by abdus]
Wrighty

11th Jun 06 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all my dials 'tick' since i put white dials in..so its always hard to tell what the actual temprature is

but i think il change the coolant just for piece of mind..vents in new bonnet should help a bit too
Will_Sport

11th Jun 06 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"just install a cold air feed hose to your radfiotr or air filter or even both, will cool down your car"

that was on other topic posted by abdus (above). what the friggin ell is that about? air feed to radiator? air filter? lol
abdus

11th Jun 06 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Will_Sport
"just install a cold air feed hose to your radfiotr or air filter or even both, will cool down your car"

that was on other topic posted by abdus (above). what the friggin ell is that about? air feed to radiator? air filter? lol

cold air feed to the rad...that was it
Will_Sport

11th Jun 06 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think that comment was aimed at people with boot-mounted radiators which weren't getting the air from front of car lmao
45_CB

12th Jun 06 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1.2 had this problem...

Weirdly enuff a week later the fan switch went completely. Replaced it and now before it has a chance to get hot atall the fan cuts in alot earlyer! sorted!!
conor62

12th Jun 06 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mine does it aswell i only bought the car on friday and it does the same..... up to near 100 idling then drops to around 90-94 when driving, i asked my uncle who has been a mechanic for all his life and he says its the hot weather and the bigger engine... so ure ok..

New Poll