corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Website/Internet Legal issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Website/Internet Legal issues
James

User status: Offline
27th Jun 06 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically, my dad had a website for his company designed and built for him by some publishing company who also designed his brochure etc.

He now wants me to take over the site maintenance and basically he wants that company to have nothing to do with the site anymore, he wants to set up the hosting himself and have it completely run by me.

What im not sure about is how easy it will be to get the company to hand over the files, web pages, images etc for the website.

Who legally owns the source files of the website?

The company? Or my dad? Obviously I could do a View Source in I.E and swipe the layout of the site that way but I'd rather do things legally.

Thanks guys.....

[Edited on 27-06-2006 by James]
John

27th Jun 06 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would depend totally on contract I would think.
Could be either theirs or yours.
James

27th Jun 06 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just thought that as I was writing, not sure if he has a contract or what it says, ill give him a call
James

27th Jun 06 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it turns out it's theirs, would I get shafted if I did a view souce and took all the code/images etc?
Nismo

27th Jun 06 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres bound to be a contract , or go to theresite and see if they have T&C's on copyright.

New Poll