corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Dumb question but im in a rush sooo...driveshafts...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dumb question but im in a rush sooo...driveshafts...
calidus

User status: Offline
   5th Aug 06 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right I am refitting my driveshafts...when I say im refitting, im fitting them to a shell that has not had shafts for months and months...and as I did not remove them I need to know where to put the blooming big washer! does it go on after the shaft is slipped into gearbox and hub, and sandwiched in with the nut and pin? OR does it go in place BEFORE going through the hub? quick information would be great...trying to get shafts in and a few other bits done before starting making the tea
Joe

5th Aug 06 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The driveshaft comes through the hub, then put the washer on the outside then the nut on after that.
calidus

5th Aug 06 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought this but it doesnt seem to look rite? mite be because the washer is semi clean lol! i have literally just slipped the driveshaft in the box and then doing the same with the other end to the hub? and washering n nutting it up after?
Joe

5th Aug 06 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah pop it in the box, get the other end through the hub, washer first, then nut then put the pin through.
mike16v

5th Aug 06 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah goes on the outside of the hub before the big nut mate
calidus

5th Aug 06 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome...ive done 1 already it just didnt look rite somehow flying through the boring lil jobs now...just need throttlecable and fuel line now!!(and cat...which is in post)

New Poll