corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Standard Factory Head unit but aftermarket spkrs - pls help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Standard Factory Head unit but aftermarket spkrs - pls help
punkymt1

User status: Offline
24th Aug 06 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CS - I am about to buy a couple of kicker 70rms comps but keeping the standard factory head unit for a couple of months. I am not amping them as I will when I get an amp when I get the new head unit. Will I harm my standard head unit if I wire these comps? I know that they won't sound as good but I have to stick with the standard one for now. I am changing spkrs since their rubber sealing went off and I though might as well invest in some good ones.
Rob126

User status: Offline
24th Aug 06 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aw xbin,
for all that it helps, i am running 2 6x9s (4way 280watts) and 2 12cm speakers in the doors with a standard vw golf stereo! (bough from scrapyard for £10 ages ago) the only prob is that u have to make sure that u put a slightly smaller fuse so that if the stereo will be pulling too many amp of current (due to bass) the fuse will blow... and nothing will happen to the stereo. remember to keep a fuse in the car but. this happens to me about once a month! but it should be ok!

[Edited on 24-08-2006 by Rob126]

New Poll