corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » computer help (freezing)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author computer help (freezing)
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Sep 06 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My computer seems to be running slow at the moment if you have more then one program running.
Also it freezes if you have more then one internet window open. for example browsing cs is fine til you click on a link in someones post. It will then freeze you can sometimes ctrl alt del to end it by other times it locks completly and you have to reboot
I dont know alot about computers but could it be a ram problem or something as it seems to be multi tasking that is the problem.

Hope you can help

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Skylined

10th Sep 06 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine's just started doing this it could be any number of things like virus, hardware fault but i believe the cause of mine is having too much crap on it.

Am going to reinstall sometime this week see if that helps.
gavin18787
Premium Member

10th Sep 06 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if just done a full scan on norton. got rid of a few bits of spy ware but nothing much and thats made no difference. Im going to try looking through the HD and getting rid of some crap to see if that makes a difference. Also would refragmenting help do you think?

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Steve
Premium Member

10th Sep 06 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rebuild, you could faff around taking things out the registry to stop them starting and disabling services but its not really worth it, just rebiuld it
drax

10th Sep 06 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you dont know what ur doing or talking about, ur best off finding someone else who does who can come round and sort it.

New Poll