corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Hmmmmmmmm (Gauge Related) Update At bottom of page!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hmmmmmmmm (Gauge Related) Update At bottom of page!
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   22nd Oct 06 at 12:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 2 x 52mm gauges going into my car but havnt been able to decide where. What you think to this Double Version upside down and attached where the cigarette lighter is?

[Edited on 24-10-2006 by Stoneyginger]
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

22nd Oct 06 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Discuss could make up something so that it fits perfectly out of plastic sheet or something and solder it onto that
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

22nd Oct 06 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmmmm if it was mounted upside down where the cigarette lighter is it would be pointing up so would be easily viewed
Bram

22nd Oct 06 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't you get those double pods that fit where the MFD is anymore???
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

22nd Oct 06 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah you can but i just dont like them think it would just look tooo out of place
Fonz
Premium Member

22nd Oct 06 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the cigi lighter idea, angle view is an issue
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

22nd Oct 06 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is the guages will point up as the cig light is at an angle anyway so will not be flat.
jazzer2k3

22nd Oct 06 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the pillar pods maybe ?
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

22nd Oct 06 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no just not keen on the pillar ones at the moment, i'd rather have the pods out of the way a bit. Hard to explain really why i dont want them easily on show to people outside
j7 gkk

22nd Oct 06 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where the cig tray should be sounds best matey
flash22

22nd Oct 06 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most of the options were discussed in your other thread in GC

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=314463&page=1

The mfd pods can be found on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Corsa-B-Tigra-dial-pod-for-52mm-gauges_W0QQitemZ220038746209QQihZ012QQcategoryZ36681QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I can't quite remember but it was either robin,muppet or broster who had the gauges in one of those pods (in your first post) where the ashtray goes ??

[Edited on 22-10-2006 by flash22]
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

22nd Oct 06 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure man but i think i am going to make one that i like up from different materials might even see if i can make something worth selling a few of if im happy with them
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

22nd Oct 06 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put my air/fuel gauge in the ashtray:

then fold it away when not in use:

Stoneyginger
Premium Member

23rd Oct 06 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a quality idea shame my 2 guages wouldnt fit into the ash tray just have to wait till my double pod mount comes so i can play with it a bit
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

23rd Oct 06 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sure 2x 50mm gauges would fit. that one in mine was massive! had to chop out a bit of plastic etc... but it went in fine eventually.
broster
Premium Member

23rd Oct 06 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what like this?
Marc

23rd Oct 06 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not bad! Is it awkward glancing down though?
broster
Premium Member

23rd Oct 06 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was bad to look at
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

24th Oct 06 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right pictures are taken where i am thinking ......... pretty much same as you Broster!!!!

Stoneyginger
Premium Member

24th Oct 06 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was just thinking about moving the cig lighter because it seems easily placed in 2 places one shown. can be hidden back a bit if needed also as for guage it seemed eaily viewed for all the time i would be looking at it
Marc

24th Oct 06 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does look the best place for them. Suppose you only need to glance at them afterall.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

24th Oct 06 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is only oil pressure and oil temperature to be honest so not like i need to see them all the time and im just not keen on the pillar ones i think they would get annoying
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

24th Oct 06 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The powersource for light up the cigarette lighter is right behind that also so added bonus

Broster which wires did you attach your guages to behind that?
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

24th Oct 06 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

by the way that is Ali's car i took too bits a little mine is away getting some minor jobs done
broster
Premium Member

24th Oct 06 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stoneyginger
The powersource for light up the cigarette lighter is right behind that also so added bonus

Broster which wires did you attach your guages to behind that?

i just moved the fag lighter into the glove box and wired the lights for the gauges to the fag lighter wires lol, all worked

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll