corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » lambda sensors

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lambda sensors
L30 SCT

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 06 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have just been on the phone to autovaux and they said that the 3 wire lambo sensors are being replaced with the one wire lambo sensors.

has anyone else heard anything else about this. i have bought one and should be getting it tomorrow.

please tell me i havent been told a heap of shit.

[Edited on 03-11-2006 by L30 SCT]
ed

3rd Nov 06 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What does a lambo sensor do? Does it let you know if Italian sports cars are going to overtake you?

Three wire lambda sensors are needed if your car had one in the first place, the extra wires are for the heating element in the sensor, if that circuit is not complete then the ECU will throw a fault up... So I would guess they aren't being discontinued as you need one.
L30 SCT

3rd Nov 06 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am just telling you what i have been told from autovaux. also i have done a search and found there was another post similar to this where the boy had been told the same thing.
Teknologikal

3rd Nov 06 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Confused, I always thought the lambda sensor was the sensor attached to the exhaust manifold....which is one wire anyway?? Correct me if I'm wrong.
L30 SCT

3rd Nov 06 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am correcting you your wrong.

it is connected to your exhaust manifold but some of the lambda sensors came with three wires. two of the wires were for heating the sensor up. the ones with one wire use the exhaust gases to heat the sensor up. i have read that using the 1 wire one will still work the same but will show a fault code on the ecu
Teknologikal

3rd Nov 06 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah okay.....is it for newer cars then...maybe post 97? I've seen 3 variants all from pre 97 cars (namely Corsa, Astra, Cavalier) and all had one wire.
L30 SCT

3rd Nov 06 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car just like to have every part different from every other corsa.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

3rd Nov 06 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, join the club. I had the same with my c16xe gsi.

New Poll