corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Which TV Card for MCE?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Which TV Card for MCE?
Bart

User status: Offline
19th Nov 06 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im currently using a cheap TV freeview card that has lasted me well, i originally bought it on ebay for £15 to get it going. its now failed
I have previously tried the top of the range hauppauge model and found it stuttering like hell (i dont have dual core, but i have been to heaven and hell trying to solve it), so i dont really want to go back to hauppauge.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a good TV card for recieving freeview?
Dom

19th Nov 06 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a look on avforums, or htpcnews.com (i think thats the one) - but personally i have used the hauppauge stuff and never had problems (old 500 card, not mce stuff), and onboard encorders help loads!

Never tried any freeview cards though, which isn't much help
Tim
Site Administrator

19th Nov 06 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use a Hauppauge Nova-T 500 (dual tuner) freeview card.

It's only running on an old Athlon 1600+ and don't have any stuttering issues and no issues recording two channels at once etc etc.

Don't need any encoders for Freeview as it just records the stream straight.

New Poll