corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Battery problems, leading to others?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Battery problems, leading to others?
mantamark

User status: Offline
4th Jan 07 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Came outside this morning, flat battery.

Balls.

ok, no probs, walked up the road, bought a new battery for 25 quid, came back, fitted it, it strted first time, wooooo!

Went inside, had lunch, came outside, started car, coughed & spluttered, chucked a bit of smoke out the back, then cut out.

Crap.

Tried to start it again & its just a high pitched whine, dont know how else to describe it?

Thought it sounded like it could be the started not engaging, so got the hammer out & gave it a bit of a bash a few times.

No joy.

So, is it the starter? and if it is, why would that make the car splutter & cut out the first time?

I dont get it, but i need to get up and running asap as i have loads to do!

Help!
P1CK4D

4th Jan 07 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this same problem mate, well it sounds like the same problem. 1 thing to try is the Earth wire that comes off the alternater. Mine was a little worn and it run the battery flat everytime. Worth changing it for a brand new one. Costs penuts to do as well just use speaker wire.
mantamark

4th Jan 07 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh, cool, will check all the earths.

speaker wire? shouldnt it be something a bit meatier?
P1CK4D

4th Jan 07 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah sorry, I did mean thick wire. I used the thick wire you use when powering a sound sytem for your car that comes from the battery, must have been 5mm thick.
mantamark

4th Jan 07 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhhh, power cable / earth cable, not speaker wire then lol.

cheers.
FasT09

4th Jan 07 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye my battery was flat everytime i started car. so i got new one and fitted it and started fine. then next day it started but with a bit of a blip. im hoping wen i go home tonight it will start fine.
mantamark

4th Jan 07 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted it, was the starter.

Put it in 1st, handbrake off, rocked car back & forth to disengage the starters solenoid.

Start car, weyhey, splutters a bit, then fine.

How odd.

Going to replace all the earth staraps when i get a chance too.

New Poll