corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting springs and shocks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting springs and shocks
j

User status: Offline
   16th Feb 07 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How dificult is it to fit new springs and shocks onto a corsa b?? Would i be better off letting a garage do it???? Cheers
AuroraSport

16th Feb 07 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

complete fitting guide here

can be a ball ache first time round, budget a couple of hours if you aren't too technically minded
Dean_W

16th Feb 07 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It isn't hard if you have the right tools. Leave plenty of time incase you get any unforseen set -backs.
j

16th Feb 07 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont think il even attempt the fronts. Only thing is it doesnt say anything about new shocks aswel
Kurt

16th Feb 07 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure you have the right tools aswell, as i did my rears in about 30mins but then it took the rest of the day to do the fronts as i couldnt undo anything with dodgy imperial sockets
AuroraSport

16th Feb 07 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by j
Dont think il even attempt the fronts. Only thing is it doesnt say anything about new shocks aswel

well if you are replacing the rear shocks, you undo the bolt holding it to the rear beam and the top nut and pull it out.

the fronts need to be built up using the rubbers and top mount from the old shock absorber, you will also need spring compressors.
Dean_W

16th Feb 07 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It sounds harder than it is TBH.
j

16th Feb 07 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone have a rough guess how much it would it cost for someone to do the fronts if i do the backs??
andyc1234

16th Feb 07 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be no more than 60 quid to have the whole lot fitted if you take it to a garage mat eo mine paid 80 quid for his rover springs to be fitted and theres a lot more work on that
j

16th Feb 07 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im happy with doing the back ones thats not a problem iv read through the guide a few times and had a look on the car and i could dthat, its just the front that bothers me a bit
j

16th Feb 07 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will my 1.2i have compressor valves in the rear brake pipes?? And how bad will it affect the camber angle dropping it 60mm??
Kurt

16th Feb 07 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

demon tweeks wanted nearly 200 to do mine i dropped mine on fk coilovers not sure how low but it sits just above the tyres on 15's and before they did my camber and tracking my tyre was rubbing the inside and scrubbing the arch, they even higered me 30mm
andyc1234

16th Feb 07 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 1.2 shouldnt have the compensator valve easiest way to check is look at the back axle on the drivers side to see if there is a small spring attatched. dropping it 60 mm will affect your camber a bit even if you get it tracked it will eat tyres quicker on the inside.
Craig A

18th Feb 07 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i done my front and back in about 3 hours and that is with the right tools. some1 with basic knowledge i would say maby 4-5 hours.
stan_the_man

18th Feb 07 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did my Nova in the dark with the light off my phone in 30mins.

Piece of piss!!
j

18th Feb 07 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv read about it a lot of times and pretty sure i could do it but the only thing i dont have is spring compressors and im not guna try without them, so if theyre guna cost me £25 odd and i can get a garage to fit the front spings £30 i might aswell let the garage do it. In tescos theyve got spring compressors, theyre quite chunky but theyre plastic! Surely thats dangerous someone not knowing what theyre doing could go and buy them and think itl hold the front springs which i doubt they would.

New Poll