corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » What would you do? My accomidation dilema.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What would you do? My accomidation dilema.
Paul_J

User status: Offline
21st Feb 07 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok I have a dilema.

I'm currently on a placement year from uni, so I'm currently living at home.

Last year I was living in a 8 bedroom uni house, I had a very nice large room, with a double bed, sofa, dart board, big wardrobe, etc... Had my desk and pc at one end and then (I bought) a fairly large tv, had my Ps2 hooked up etc, it was a proper nice room

this is my old uni room (note there's a whole more to the right of the picture, including desk / computer etc and the rest of my double bed)

4 of my mates continued into the 3rd year, 4 of us left and did placements...

Now we're all coming back.

1 of the placement guys wants to go into halls not a house.

1 of them is currently in australia so hard to contact.

2 of the guys who are in the 3rd year will leave uni and 2 will stay on for masters.

So the 2 doing a masters have 2 spaces in their uni house. and 2 of us returning from placement have been offered the other 2 places in the house.

The problem is, one of the rooms is tiny, like a little box - smaller than a prison cell.

The guys already in the house feel it's their right to have the same 'large' rooms again this year, so it's down to me vs the other guy coming back from placment on which room we get.

The problem is, last year he had a smallish room in our uni house, when I had a large room, so it's his right to have the large room.

I personally think all 4 of us should draw straws again for rooms.

So, do I go for this room in this house. Which is a prime location next to campus, and everything is good except for the room has enough room for 1 person and a bed. (I kid you not).

Or do I go back to halls / student village? and just stay in a student flat with randoms.

Or do I try to get a mish mash of other people including the returning australian to find another house (gonna be hard to organise while I'm at work 9-5:30 5 days a week).

What would you do?

I think the little bedroom would make me go crazy, I like my space and there's not even enough room to do pressups or situps on the floor!

Paul
Phi

21st Feb 07 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are they older than you?, are they bigger and scary?? if so just dont bother , if not then beat them up :-)

haha only kidding

would you be paying the same amount as the other guys for a smaller room??
Nismo

21st Feb 07 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id go for the random student flat and hold out for some fit chicks
Nismo

21st Feb 07 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"The guys already in the house feel it's their right to have the same 'large' rooms again this year, so it's down to me vs the other guy coming back from placment on which room we get."

I think thats right, there allready there so they stay put.
AdZ9

21st Feb 07 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Id go for the random student flat and hold out for some fit chicks

ditto! and look on the bright side, if you get a load of nerds then the house will always be nice a clean as they wont go out and you'll be the don of the house! :-P
Brett
Premium Member

21st Feb 07 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck fairness, just put dibs on the larger room first, he's used to it
Rachel H

21st Feb 07 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Move in with me
Paul_J

21st Feb 07 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did originally think student village could be cool again, as you meet loads of new people etc... first year was a great laugh, met some great people etc.

However. That was the first year.

Now I think most people in student village will be post grads / international students etc = boring losers... there'll be 1st / 2nd years but no fun / fit 1st years in my block.

However, it will still require the effort of meeting these new people / making friends with them all etc, where final year I should be spending most of my time concentrating on work. etc

With the house shared with the 4 (and my small room), I'll know the score, be good mates with them all etc already and settled in for a good year / work / nights out etc...

In student village I could end up living with a real bunch of losers... plus you don't have a living room, so you spend 99% of your time in your room and 1% in the kitchen.

Last year was great in the house, but there were 8 of us and I had a nice sized room.
LeeM

21st Feb 07 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
My accomidation dilema

not need to be able to spell to get a degree nowadays?
Colin

21st Feb 07 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a caravan & sleep in it on the drive.
Colin

21st Feb 07 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I did originally think student village could be cool again, as you meet loads of new people etc... first year was a great laugh, met some great people etc.

However. That was the first year.

Now I think most people in student village will be post grads / international students etc = boring losers... there'll be 1st / 2nd years but no fun / fit 1st years in my block.

However, it will still require the effort of meeting these new people / making friends with them all etc, where final year I should be spending most of my time concentrating on work. etc

With the house shared with the 4 (and my small room), I'll know the score, be good mates with them all etc already and settled in for a good year / work / nights out etc...

In student village I could end up living with a real bunch of losers... plus you don't have a living room, so you spend 99% of your time in your room and 1% in the kitchen.

Last year was great in the house, but there were 8 of us and I had a nice sized room.

Taking all that into account (esspecially the having to meet new friends while you should be doing work bit) why dont you just go with the small room for the year - wont even be a year will it If you need more room for your stuff im sure your 'mates' will happilly allow you some space for you PC & Desk somewhere else in the house!!??
Ally

21st Feb 07 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with Colin - how small are we talking Paul?
Paul_J

22nd Feb 07 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
quote:
My accomidation dilema

not need to be able to spell to get a degree nowadays?

was touch typing with the corsa sport window closed as I was at work and not allowed to be making posts / surfing forums at work I'm sorry that I spelt accommodation wrong.

Hmm, went to the house tonight and had a look... It's bad, but not as bad as I remember - 'cosy' cupboard is the word.

It's essentially a 2.3 by 2.3 meter box with a little bit of space where the door is (0.7 by 0.8 meters) ...

Door way going in...

Ally

22nd Feb 07 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fight for the big room, fuck being in there for a year No double bed as well!
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Feb 07 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't take long to hot box that
Fee

22nd Feb 07 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how big is the living room?
do you get laid often?
can you and the other dude agree to do 6 months each and swap?
Colin

22nd Feb 07 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isnt a year at uni more like 8 or 9 months anyway...........its not going to be too bad!! I had the small room at my mum & dads not much bigger than that (lil bit longer) for 22yrs.............uts not affected me........much

I lived in the hope from 16yrs onwards my sister would hurry up & move out............shes still fucking there now & not far off 30!!

New Poll