corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » getting out of a tenancy agreement - UPDATE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author getting out of a tenancy agreement - UPDATE
SetH

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 07 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reet moved into a brand new luxury flat slap bang in city centre a couple of months ago. Was under the impression thad due to the price/location etc there would be a lot of professional people that work in the city moving in.

but how wrong was i, some peenarse lad has moved in downstairs. He has large groups of lads constantly round his apartment, i think its a case of "yeah man gotta pad in the city innit, im the tits etc etc. To make matters worse the flat above him is populated by his equally yuppy self righteous m8.

Anyway the problem is they are constantly going between the 2 flats, and they have quite a few parties often on weeknights? god knows if any of them actually work or not because these parties go on till 4/5 am. So cue a lot of running up and down the stairs, screaming (male and female), banging doors and loud music. This has happened several times since i moved in, mostly on week nights ffs.

Anyway got woke up at 4am last night, lost my rag and charged downstairs, banged on his door and the twat answered, told him he was taking the piss with what he was doing. he tried to have a go that there was no need to "bang his door down", and that id never complained before. Id never complained before as i have been giving him some leway!

In the end they shut up, but i know its only a matter of time before they do it again. The act like they own the whole block, and when rachel walked past the other morning they shouted something from their window and she wont tell me what as she knows ill probalby maime someone.

sorry going on now, but feel better for the rant.

Have decided this shit is not worth it and want to move, might be buying with the gfriend as well. so how do i get out of my 12 month contract?

I have phoned the management company for these apartments and told them the facilities were being abused by these 2 flats, they said they would send a mailer out which has not happened.

I rang my landlord as he owns several of the apartments to see if it is his tenants so he can have a word, but they are not.

I cant be arsed to go to city council, or start knocking heads together and creating a war, so legally standing how can i prematurely terminate this tenancy agreement?

thanks.

[Edited on 09-04-2007 by SetH]
Colin

22nd Mar 07 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant you just move out & cancel your DD with them??

LOL sorry probably no use, im not sure the legal in's & outs of renting.
Colin

22nd Mar 07 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or if the landlord has other apartments one of these might be empty & you can move to that as a short term solution??

I had the same with my downstairs neighbour for a while when she 1st moved in, she works in a pub & used to bring folk back usually on a sunday or thursday night. Threat of an ASBO soon put a stop to that.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Mar 07 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've served too long on the contract to cancel under cooling off and there is probably little by way of breach on the part of your landlord with whom you have your agreement.

I personally would manage it locally first if you fancy another quiet word next time. This is cheaper than moving and might yeild results. If it continues and you definately want to move then the first step would be to run your wishes by the landlord. There is no reason why if he can't replace you at some notice he should object really.

You might want to keep a log to substantiate your request.
Jules S
Premium Member

22nd Mar 07 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the bloke upstairs own the lease to it?

If he is a tenant I would be asking the management company to contact his landlord to read the landlord the riot act.

Personally, I would go up to the flat in the daytime...apologise for your outburst...but in no uncertain terms make it clear his behaviour (and those of his mates) is unacceptable. Then add that whilst you don't want to, you will call the police/contact the noise pollution dept of the council if it happens on a weekday again.

Weekends are a different matter altogether, as you may want some mates around for a party. Some give and take required there methinks.

As for leaving? check the small print of your agreement. My guess is that it will be airtight in the landlords favour.....

SetH

23rd Mar 07 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys that helps
SetH

9th Apr 07 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right still nothing has been done about the other tenants, seems students and rich daddies boys are able to afford high rent these days, decided cant be arsed with this anymore it just reminds me of uni days in the halls of residence.

So need to get out of this tenancy agreement, just thinking of the best way to go about it.

I dont want to go down the nusiance tenants route, as they might investigate this or request that i notify the council etc.

Could i say i am being made redundant in 3 months? would they ask for proof do you think?

any other ideas?
shawboy

9th Apr 07 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just pack up and f**k off, cancel all your payments to them.
all you will lose is bond.
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Apr 07 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much does the landlord know about?
Colin

9th Apr 07 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell the landlerd your emigrating
Rob_Quads

9th Apr 07 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shawboy
just pack up and f**k off, cancel all your payments to them.
all you will lose is bond.

Great idea untill they send round the bailfs for the whole years worth of rent + a load of other charges. Once someone has your bank account they will be able to track you don't without too much work even if you moved away.
SetH

10th Apr 07 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm not a bad idea colin lol

Ian, do you mean how much does the landlord know about the problems I have been having?

TBH the problem has become secondary, as looking to buy a house with my gfriend now and we are pretty much ready to make a move. Getting out of the remaining 9 months of my tenancy agreement is another matter though
Andy Stocker

10th Apr 07 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I have to listen to is the downstairs neighbours humping and her shouting at him ' fcuk my cnut'
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Apr 07 at 13:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes - the person who the agreement is with - are they aware of your plans?

They might say fine go ahead. I'm sure there is a clause in the agreement which will prohibit the landlord from putting the price up within the first 12 months. If they want to before then you might actually be doing them a favour.

Just a thought anyway. I would find out their opinion first.
K17STY

10th Apr 07 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you not have a post not that long ago saying you werent suited to relationships?
Tim
Site Administrator

10th Apr 07 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does your contract not have a 6 month breakout clause? Most AST contracts I've ever signed have...
Ally

11th Apr 07 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would speak to yuor landlord, explain that you are fed up with the noise both below and above, that you arent getting sleep and you just want a quiet life!

Ask him if there is any way you can break out of your agreement due to the above, and explain that your circumstances have changed and you and your girlfriend wish to buy together and need all your pennies for that

If you have a half decent landlord he will help you, end of the day mark if its a posh apartment he should know he wont have any trouble getting another tenant

dont cancel the DD and bugger off, not only will you loose your bond but like some people have said you could also end up with a court notification

Contact the CAB to see if they can help you on the legal side...
Tarrantino

12th Apr 07 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy Stocker
All I have to listen to is the downstairs neighbours humping and her shouting at him ' fcuk my cnut'

quality
SetH

13th Apr 07 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for advice guys, will read my contract again but i dont recall a breakout clause being included Tim.

New Poll