corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cam problems. Any suggestions?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cam problems. Any suggestions?
adman77

User status: Offline
4th Sep 07 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just installed a Piper BP270 fast road cam on my Corsa 1.4 8v. Idling is a little weird as expected, but that's okay. Problem is, sometimes during pick up, the engine seems to be missing. As in, fuel supply during initial doesn't seem to be sufficient. Once the RPM crosses 2000, it flies, but before that, it seems to be lacking fuel pressure. Have increased the pressure on FPR but the problem remains. Spoke to my tuner and couple of other tuners too. Common consensus is that the ECU is not supplying enough fuel during the initial. It's not able to compensate. Advice I got was to either remap or get a standalone ECU. What do you guys think.

craig_s

4th Sep 07 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd say its because the cam.nothing to do with your feul pressure.i wouldnt mess with your fpr too much as you will make it worse.
adman77

4th Sep 07 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But is this a normal problem with high lift cams or is it specific to this one cam?
craig_s

4th Sep 07 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh its normal.its worse when you don't have an adjustable dizzy too.you could mess with the cam timing see if that help.try advancing it a tooth.but the best bet is to get a vernier and get it dialed in properly
adman77

4th Sep 07 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks dude, will try doing that.
Vaux Lad

4th Sep 07 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A 270deg cam is designed to run on a standard injection system, and is a mild cam. So it should be fine on the standard fuel pressure.

What engine is it?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

4th Sep 07 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cam profile and fuel pressure are not directly related.

the symptoms you are having are exactly what you get when cam timing is out. need to get a vernier pulley on there and get it set up on a rolling road really.
adman77

5th Sep 07 at 05:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but isn't the cam timing set automatically? Cause' the Piper manual stated to align the cam according to the blue marking on the head and it'll set automatically. Please correct me if I'm wrong
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

5th Sep 07 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will probably still be a fair amount away from optimum timing.

New Poll