corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wiring 3rd brakelight

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wiring 3rd brakelight
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Nov 07 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i have an irmy spoiler with 3rd brakelight and im wanting to fit this during the week.

i am going to bond the spoiler straight on as didnt want to be drilling holes in the tailgate, the only problem is that i will have to drill at least one for the brakelight.
Has anyone got a diagram for fitting and wiring this? is it just a case of drilling a hole and threading the wire into the tailgate & down the existing loom?
How do i stop water getting into the hole and whats the best way to protect from rust?
im guessing i will have to tap into the +ve & -ve wires on the brakelights to get it to work.

cheers for any help & advice

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
ad-sport

11th Nov 07 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate had his done when they fitted his spoiler, they drilled a hole on the top corner off the boot lid and ran the wire down the existing loom, just fill the hole with the bond you use to fit the spoiler to stop water and rust, then you need to find the +ve feed from the brake lights and just earth it to the body will be ok
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

11th Nov 07 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate, all the info i needed i'll give this a go tomorrow i think

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events

New Poll