corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Performance help?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Performance help?
Killacorsa

User status: Offline
   30th Nov 07 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HHuummmnn were to start?
I am getting a chip for christmas so i need to know whats the best chip?
Ive got a rebuilt x16xe with a pipercross induction, lexmaul inlet, ported & polished head, janspeed 4-1, cat, standard middle box, sebring back box, standard 1.6 ecu.
I know of a few like superchip, unichip etc but not sure of them all and which is best, help would be appreciated,
ive got plans to get a de-cat, and viper, however i would like a middle box as i dont want it to loud any suggestions??
luke85

30th Nov 07 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id choose a unichip over a superchip any day, it will be custom mapped to your car which the superchip wont be, they are pre programmed

A unichip will cost a fair bit more though because you need to take it to the rolling road to have it mapped. So make sure you do whatever mods your going to do to the engine before you get it mapped

If you go for the unichip make sure you get the rev limit module so the rolling road can up your rev limit to make the most of the inlet manifold
Richardhhha

30th Nov 07 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont go decat as this will just mean you have to keep putting the cat back on and off when you need to have MOT just put a sport cat on there its pritty much just as good..

then goa nd get yourself a S/S centersection with a box aint to expensive and will keep the car quiet.

New Poll