corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » EM Light keeps coming on intermittently

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EM Light keeps coming on intermittently
seanreay1986

User status: Offline
7th Dec 07 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My EM Light keeps coming on intermittently, it goes away and stays off for a while once i restart the engine, im just wondering if anyone has any idea what it could be off the top of there head and if there were any common faults that this could be

The car is a 1.8 Corsa Sri

Also, is there anyway to do a paperclip style test to check the fault code as i dont fancy paying a fortune to get the computer plugged in,

Cheers
Ricky352

7th Dec 07 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not too sure about the paperclip test mate. It could be any number of things mate, any other signs of anything or is it just the light coming on.

Plug it into the diagnostics machine, its only £20/25 - Dear for what it is i suppose lol
C_O_R_S_A___B

7th Dec 07 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a look hear: http://www.topbuzz1.carenthusiasts.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm
and see if there are anyways to do a paperclip test on yours mate

Jon
seanreay1986

7th Dec 07 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No change in performance or anything, just light comes on, then goes off as soon as i restart the engine, sometimes doesnt come back on for another day, sometimes comes back after 1 hour,

I have been told it could be the air mass meter, could this be right
Torsa g

7th Dec 07 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lamda sensor, is it mostly in traffic
seanreay1986

7th Dec 07 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, usually happens after about 1/2 mins when i first turn the car on, not in traffic etc
Richardhhha

7th Dec 07 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what fuel you running in it? and where do you get your fuel from?

i got a 1.4 16v and filled it up with bp ultimate, from a local garrage, now hunts and dont run right and also eml came on saying hego reading lean..... should stick to v power in the future.

New Poll