corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Brake light latency

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brake light latency
holywoodj

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 08 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa B here, 1.7 D - God how I love the power... If only.

Any how MOT coming up and still I haven't worked out how to sort out the rear brake lights. They are just late in coming on, not by time but by brake pressure. It is a few cm on the pedal but it's enough for the car to slow down slightly, so stopping with no rear warning = fail.

Any ideas at all?
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Mar 08 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bend the bracket on the brake light switch slightly so that it comes on at the right point.

It's at the top of the pedal arm.
Torsa g

3rd Mar 08 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or get a new switch, as mine did this , either way will do the job
holywoodj

3rd Mar 08 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see what you mean by a bracket... I can see a little white button that is depressed when the pedal is pushed down, a wire/plug that goes into that button and a few metal bits here and there. What am I looking for exactly and where on the pedal.
Adam

3rd Mar 08 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that white button is the switch for the brake lights, bend the bar a bit, it should open rather than close when the pedal is depressed tho
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Mar 08 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That little white switch is held up on a bracket. Bend it towards the pedal.

New Poll