corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20let non start,any1 had this fault......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20let non start,any1 had this fault......
Aldo69

User status: Offline
30th Mar 08 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drove it this mornin fine,went away for 2hrs,came back no start,no ignition lights...at first a thought it was my immobiliser but now found fuel pump relay buzzes wi ignition on and rev counter flicks,if a unplug the relay the batt light comes on just no em.think the relay could be the cause,just wondering if any1 else has came across this?
Lee Wilson

30th Mar 08 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the battery terminals tight mate?

Not taking the piss - Mine did it before
Aldo69

30th Mar 08 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol yeh canny really come loose they are tightened up and in the boot lol its just the fact it's buzzin like a fucker then u unplug it and the ign lights come on
luke85

30th Mar 08 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does your oil p[ressure light come on with the ignition? my ignition switched live to the ECU snapped once so the ECU wasnt being turned on, the battery and oil lights would still come on though.

None of the fuses blown?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

30th Mar 08 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tried a new relay?
Aldo69

31st Mar 08 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

av ordered 1,gettin in 2morro was just curious if any1 else had had the same prob!and it won't be the switched live a don't think,wen ya turn ign on,no lights,rev counter flicks and relay buzzes like fuck,if ya unplug the relay the ign lights come on,relay should do the trick like
lee mitchell

31st Mar 08 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the relay aint in u wont have a management light come on
Aldo69

1st Apr 08 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unfortunately me em light doesn't work,there must be a fault either in car loom or engine loom,diagnostic plug works so its still ok!fitted new relay went to start it clicked a tiny bit then done the same a bit and now have ignition lights but no start,I'm thinkin the starter may be gubbed coz that sends the signal to the relay also.....
Aldo69

1st Apr 08 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

changed the starter just incase,now just clicks,tried jumpin it-no joy,bumped it while towing and went first time,drove it a bit switched off and now doin the same,doubt it can be 2 fucked starters... both were mine not from scrappies or that....
carnuts

1st Apr 08 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like an earth problem to me mate i had the same problem put one of the jump cables from the negative terminal on the battery to the gearbox and see if it turns over better

if not trying to moving the cable around the engine a bit to get a good connection mine went first time
Aldo69

1st Apr 08 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ma battery is in the boot mate and is earthed right next to it on a shiny clean bit floor,plus its been runnin fine for a year thats why its doin ma nut in.a woulda sed earth too but like a sed its no likely pisser is a changed jobs so no workin in the garage anymore so can only get at it at nite,fuckin annoyin like
luke85

1st Apr 08 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your battery is earthed to the car in the boot you will still need an earth going from the car body to the engine, so the earth lead to the engine block to the chassis might be worth a try.

There should be a thick earth wire coming from a stud near the coolant tank to the engine/gearbox close to the alternator
Aldo69

2nd Apr 08 at 06:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all earths are on mate and ma lets in ma corsa not original car but am gonna try em all again anyway

New Poll